Effective Date: September 22nd, 2022
Springbok Puzzles wants to demonstrate its commitment to our users’ privacy and therefore has agreed to disclose its information practices. Those practices are as described below:
1. Services and Scope.
- Our Websites
- Through our Springbok Puzzle Ambassador Program
- As well as any other website that is owned or operated by our U.S. affiliates
2. Personal Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us:
We collect the information you provide to us in connection with making purchases or using our services. This may include contact information, payment information, and product preferences, among other information. If you choose not to provide certain information, this may limit your ability to take advantage of some features, promotions, or other Services.
- Contact and Registration Information: Such as your name, contact information, email address, username, and password.
- Transaction and Wallet Information: Such as your purchase history, payment card information, payment account, billing and shipping addresses, and other information related to your transactions.
- Loyalty Program and Account Information: Such as contact details, address, password, birthday, user preference, rewards credit history, and payment information.
- Interests and Preference Information: Such as wish lists, gift, lists, or alerts or notifications that you choose to create on our Websites.
- Questionnaires, surveys, or contests: Information you provide when participating in competitions, surveys, or contests that Springbok Puzzles may run from time to time.
- Interactions with Springbok Puzzles: Communications and requests to Springbok Puzzles including customer service, social media, and other interactions.
- Content you post to our Websites: Comments or product reviews that you post to our Websites, forums, and discussion areas.
- Returns: Information related to returns of purchases or our Missing Piece Policy.
- Other information you provide: Such as username, photos, or avatars that you may upload to your online profiles.
Information We Collect Through Your Interaction With Us:
We and our affiliates, service providers, and select businesses with whom we have marketing relationships may use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer our Websites, improve functionality, and gather general demographic information about our user base as a whole.
- Device Information: including your IP address, MAC address, browser information, device type, and device IDs.
- Usage information: Information about your product searches, browsing behavior, click stream information, use of our services, and date/time stamps.
- Social media information: Information may be collected from you if you interact with us on social media sites, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, and Snapchat.
- Location Information: We use various technologies such as GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth to collect information from mobile devices as you move through or near our stores.
Information from Other Sources:
- Delivery Information: Other examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we may use to correct our records.
- Business Partner Websites: Account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from business partners who operate their own websites or for which we provide any services.
- Fraud prevention and investigations: We may collect information about you in connection with investigations into fraudulent or criminal activities on our websites, mobile apps, and in our stores.
3. How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide you with products and services, such as to communicate with you, support you, personalize our services, and develop our Services. We may also use the information for other accounting, legal, compliance, or security purposes.
- To provide you products and services:
- Provide products and services that you request such as physical orders.
- Provide relevant and personalized recommendations for products, Services and, promotional offers based on your engagement with us.
- Communicate with you through various channels with transactional or promotional information.
- Enable loyalty program and rewards program services.
- Administering surveys or questionnaires and providing rewards or gifts, where applicable.
- To provide customer services to you:
- Provide customer service when you need help and/or to improve and optimize your experience with Springbok Puzzles.
- Communicate with you through various channels to advise or provide status updates on your order, requests, inquiries, and applications.
- Support with your loyalty services.
- To market and advertise to you:
- Communicate with you through various channels about our products, services, updates, newsletters, promotions, surveys, and direct mailings.
- Manage your participation in online events, sweepstakes, and giveaways.
- Publish customer testimonials or photos.
- Analyze our marketing strategies and trends regarding your use of our website, digital properties, and social media channels.
- Improve the effectiveness of our product and services, including websites and marketing campaigns.
- Send follow-up communications thanking you for your business or inquiring as to your satisfaction.
- SMS Marketing and Text Notifications:
- To administer and enhance our brands:
- Administer our products and services.
- Track the efficacy of our websites to help us learn more about our customers' shopping behavior.
- Improve our website experience, including for troubleshooting and maintenance purposes.
- Customize customer experiences on our websites, which may include advertisements or promotions.
- Conduct research and internal analytics, develop new products and services, perform market research and data analytics, and analyze our products, services, and websites.
- To secure our services:
- Protect against error, fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities.
- Detecting and preventing fraud and malicious activities in your accounts.
- Assist law enforcement and respond to regulatory inquiries.
- Comply with applicable legal mandates, our policies, or industry standards.
- For any other purpose not listed here, with your consent.
In addition to the above purposes, we may collect and summarize customer and visitor information in a non-personal, aggregate format for any purposes, including statistical or research.
4. How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with third parties to perform services on our behalf such as email distribution, sending marketing communications, servicing products, maintenance of your account, conducting research surveys, verifying, and validating information that you have provided to us, delivering products, third-party advertising, perform ad measurement services and providing customer support services. Third parties will only have access to your Personal Information as reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and are not permitted to disclose or use it for other purposes.
Third Parties, Affiliates, Marketing Partners:
We may use the information that you provide us, or that we collect about you, in connection with the promotion of our products and services and those of our affiliates, including by sending or providing you with offers or promotional information. If you accept an offer from one of our third-party marketing partners, we may share your contact information with them.
Public posting and social sharing:
When you post public comments or ratings on our websites, on public forums like our social media sites, blogs, and online reviews, your comments are accessible to other members of the public.
Links to Third Parties:
We may disclose information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce our agreements with you, (3) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (4) protect your rights or safety or that of others, or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
Sale or Transfer of Business or Assets:
Your Personal Information may be transferred or disclosed to a purchaser or prospective purchaser in the event of a sale, assignment, or other transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets.
The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
5. Cookies and Similar Technologies
For detailed information on the cookies and similar technologies we use, the purposes for which we use them, and how to disable them, see below. You can also visit allaboutcookies.org to learn more about managing cookies and similar technologies.
Web Beacons / Pixels:
Web beacons, also called pixel tags or tracking pixels, are invisible images as small as 1x1 pixel in size that are embedded in web pages and emails, requiring a call (which provides device and visit information) to our servers in order for the pixel to be rendered in those web pages and emails. We use pixels to learn more about your interactions with email content or web content, such as whether you interact with ads or posts. Pixels can also enable us and third parties to place cookies on your browser.
Local storage enables a website or application to store information locally on your device(s). Local storage may be used to improve your experience, for example, by enabling features, remembering your preferences, and speeding up site functionality.
Other similar technologies:
We also use other tracking technologies, such as mobile advertising IDs, device fingerprinting, and tags for similar purposes
Third-party advertising companies serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. They may collect information about your browsing activities through cookies on other sites, and then display targeted ads on various sites that you visit. We may share data collected on our websites and applications may be transferred to third-party advertising partners. This information may also be shared with their demand partners for interest-based advertising.
Your interactions with our social media pages and profiles are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it. We may post Springbok Puzzles information on social media sites. Your comments and other reactions will be visible if you respond.
6. How We Protect Your Personal Information
We implement reasonable and appropriate security safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information. However, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic system is completely secure, so there is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed in connection with a breach of our physical, technical, organizational, or managerial safeguards.
Choosing a Password:
When you register as a user and create an online account on our Website, you will be prompted to select a personal password. To maximize your level of protection, you should choose a strong and unique password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and any account information.
7. Your Choices
We provide you with choices regarding the various ways we collect, use, and share your personal information.
- We may send you marketing communications from which you may choose to opt-out
Accessing, Changing, and Modifying Your Account Information and Settings:
We provide many choices about the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information:
- If you have registered for an account, you can access, review and manage many changes yourself via your Account Dashboard. Within the Dashboard, you can do things like update your profile information and change your communication preferences.
Residents of some states may have additional rights to those listed here. These can be found in the "State Privacy Laws" section.
Data Retention and Account Closure:
If you wish to close your account, we will keep some of your Personal Information after you close your account to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our Terms and Conditions, or fulfill your request to "unsubscribe" from further messages from us. We will retain de-identified information after your account has been closed, but we will destroy your Personal Information when it is no longer needed for the foregoing purposes.
Right to Choose (Opt-Out):
You may choose not to provide information to us, and most Internet browsers offer some controls over the automatic collection of information from your computer. If you choose not to provide certain information, such as that required to make a purchase, then we may not be able to process your orders or inquiries. If we permit you to update any information that we store about you, we may keep a copy of the previous information for our records.
Marketing Communications opt-out:
You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails. You will continue to receive service-related emails (e.g., order status). You may opt-out of receiving marketing SMS messages from us by replying "STOP”.
Interest-based advertising opt-out:
You may opt out of our targeted advertising and the targeted advertising of certain providers by visiting the DAA consumer opt-out page at https://www.aboutads.info/choices . Opting out will not mean that you will no longer receive our ads, rather, it just means that those ads will not be targeted to you based upon data collected from you on our online Services. You may use the DAA's AppChoices program to opt out of certain interest-based advertising in apps (see: https://youradchoices.com/appchoices ). Further information on opting out on mobile devices can also be found on the NAI's website ( https://thenai.org/opt-out/mobile-opt-out/ ). You may also select a system-level advertising preference feature on your device to opt-out of your device from interest-based advertising in apps. On Apple iOS devices, system-level advertising preference may be accessed via Settings - Privacy - Advertising - Limit Ad Tracking. On Android devices, open the Google Settings app from your app drawer or from your operating system's settings menu, tap Ads, and select "Opt-out of Interest-based ads".
Browser Opt-out tools:
You may opt out of Google Analytics by following this link, and you may opt out of Adobe analytics by following this link. You can also manage your privacy settings for the Adobe Flash player by visiting the Website Storage Settings Panel and the Global Storage Settings Panel.
Do Not Track:
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Services for third-party purposes, and that is why we provide the variety of opt-out mechanisms listed above. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
8. State Privacy Laws
Without being discriminated against for exercising these rights, California residents have the right to request that we disclose what Personal Information we collect, delete that information, and to opt-out of the sale of their Personal Information, subject to certain restrictions. You also have the right to designate an agent to exercise these rights on your behalf. This section describes how to exercise those rights and our process for handling those requests. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
Right to Request Access to Your Personal Information:
California residents have the right to request that we disclose what categories of Personal Information that we collect, use, or sell. You may also request the specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected from you. However, we may withhold some Personal Information where the risk to you or our business is too great to disclose the information.
Right to Request Deletion of Your Personal Information:
You may also request that we delete any Personal Information that we have collected from you. However, we may retain Personal Information necessary to (a) protect our business, systems, and users from fraudulent activity, (b) address technical issues that impair existing functionality, (c) ensure that we or others can exercise their free speech or other rights, (d) comply with law enforcement requests pursuant to lawful process, (e) for our own internal purposes reasonably related to your relationship with us, or to comply with legal obligations. Additionally, we need certain types of information so that we can provide our Services to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
Right to Opt-out of the Sale of Your Personal Information:
For more information refer to the ‘Sale of Your Personal Information section.
Right to Non-Discrimination:
We will not deny, charge different prices for, or provide a different level of quality of goods or services if you choose to exercise these rights.
How to Exercise Your Access and Deletion Rights:
California residents may exercise their California privacy rights by submitting a request to the “Individual Rights” icon below or contacting us via one of the methods in the “How to Contact Us” section.
You may designate an agent to make requests to exercise your rights under CCPA as described above. We will take steps both to verify the identity of the person seeking to exercise their rights as listed above, and to verify that your agent has been authorized to make a request on your behalf through providing us with a signed written authorization or a copy of a power of attorney.
For security purposes, we will verify your identity – in part by verifying your email account or requesting certain information from you - when you request to exercise your California privacy rights. Once we have verified your identity (and your agent, as applicable), we will respond to your request as appropriate.
9. Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information in exchange for money.
California law defines sales broadly. Depending on the product/services you use and how you use them, we may have sold (as defined under the CCPA) the following categories of information about you in the last 12 months to categories of third parties such as data analytics providers and advertising networks: Connection or usage data, Cookie or device ID, browser or device fingerprints, Geolocation information, Commercial information, and Inferences drawn from browsing history.
If you are a California resident and would like to opt-out of the sale of your information you may do so by contacting us at Info@springbok-puzzles.com.
When you opt-out we will place a cookie on your device to identify and register your preference. This only applies to the browser you were using and only to the device you were using at the time you registered your preference. If you access Springbok Puzzles websites from other browsers or devices, you will also need to make this selection on each browser and device. If you clear cookies on your browser after opt-out, your browser will no longer remember your preference, and you will need to reset your preference.
Advertising – Limit Ad Tracking. On Android devices, open the Google Settings app from your app drawer or from your operating system's settings menu, tap Ads, and select "Opt-out of Interest-based ads”.
Minor's Opt-In to Sale:
We do not knowingly collect or sell Personal Information from minors under 18 years of age. To the extent we have actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Information from an individual between the ages of 13 and 18, we will not sell that information without obtaining consent.
Notice of Financial Incentive
Springbok Puzzles may provide special offers and benefits to customers who participate in our Loyalty Program or sign up to receive communications from us via email, text, chat, and social media. The information we request from customers when they sign up may include the customer's email address or phone number as well as the name, partial birthdate, product preferences or other information that allows us to tailor our communications. These incentives may result in differences in our prices or services offered to consumers and may include the lower price for goods and services (e.g., discounts and other promotions).
Please note that participating in any financial incentive program is entirely optional and participants may withdraw from the program at any time. Customers may opt-in online or in stores and can opt out of the programs at any time by contacting by using the unsubscribe methods provided for that communication channel such as unsubscribe links in email messages.
Each financial incentive or price or service difference related to the collection and use of personal information is based upon our reasonable, good-faith determination of the estimated value of such information to our business, taking into consideration the value of the offer itself and the anticipated revenue generation that may be realized by rewarding brand loyalty and repeat purchases.
Other California Rights
Shine the Light Disclosure:
The California “Shine the Light” law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of Personal Information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Right to Remove Posted Information - (California Minors):
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with Springbok Puzzles, you have the right to request removal of unwanted information that you publicly post on the Springbok Puzzles websites. To request removal of such information, you can contact us using the methods outlined in the “How to Contact Us” Section. Upon receiving such a request, Springbok Puzzles will make sure that the information is not publicly available on our Websites, but the information may not be completely removed from Springbok Puzzles systems.
Information for Nevada Residents:
Under Nevada law, certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. “Personally identifiable information” includes first and last name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online.
If you are a Nevada resident who has purchased goods or services from us, you may submit a request to opt out of the sale of your information by contacting us at email@example.com
10. Children's Privacy
Our Account Services are designed for and directed at people 13 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If Springbok Puzzles learns that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online, it will take reasonable measures to delete such information from its databases and not use such information (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or other as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any Personal Information we have collected from children under 13, please see “How to Contact Us” for our contact information.
11. How to Contact Us
If you have questions about how we collect, store, and use Personal Information, please contact us at the following:
1420 Kansas Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64127